Financial aid
Getting ready for my relocation I spent some time scouting for online sources on personal finance affairs in the US. I assume for quite a lot of people even the need to pay taxes will be quite unusual. Less obvious matters such as IRAs or even trivial CDs might be quite a challenge.
I would like to share the best of the sites found so far. Some of them are immediately useful while others cover a broader range of topics.
Salary calculators
Credit unions
These institutions are widely recommended as a viable alternative to banks in all matters from checking accounts to the first credit card.
Free checking
An absolute necessity for getting your salary, this amenity is provided by both banks and credit unions. This year there are a few of them to choose from, for example:
Personal Finance 101
Those of us planning to stay in the US for many years will be inevitably interested in more strategic aspects of personal finance. The first two of the following are simply mandatory reading.
<< Home