The winter is over
In a somewhat symbolical way I have resigned from the company where I have worked for 3+ years. The pain is rather moderate because I am looking forward to what the spring is to bring. On the other hand, I firmly believe that I single-handedly withdrew myself from the most promising company on the market and engaged in a kind of a high-stake game with blurred perspectives.
Well, as they say in Britain ‘Who dares wins’.The high point of the day was actual saying goodbye to a lot of marvelous people I had privilege to work with for so long. It was almost poignant to hear them wishing me all the best and expressing genuine support. I will miss you guys.
Some of my former colleagues were curious about my path so I would like to share with them a few details of my experience – let me introduce you my rating of the bodyshops currently present on the local market:
The list was removed in Jan 2008 as obsolete. All the companies mentioned here were more or less the same - none of them featured decent conditions. In my opinion most bodyshops are rather nasty, should be treated as a means of getting a visa and left as soon as possible after relocation to the US. I personally know an exception to this rule but it literally proves the rule. The best piece of advice I can give - search for a bodyshop by asking people you know, do not trust recruiters. Read the rest of this story to find out how a poor choice of bodyshop can cost you :)
<< Home