December 26, 2006

One more auspicious beginning

Well, the story is about to be continued in 2007. Whether to consider it the second season or the third is up to you but I have made an Embassy appointment on Jan 10. Assuming things go smoothly I will have a new visa stamped the same week and ready to go on the weekend of Jan 13/14. I know I am an optimist :)

And today I have received an answer from the Moscow Embassy (BTW they do answer questions asked by means of emails, sometimes within a day). They told me I could have made an appointment with a copy of the new I-797 (instead of the original). This advice contradicts the official requirements but I figure I made a real mistake - I though about it and rejected the idea. My inconsistent adherence to the principle of persistence might have cost me a visa stamped in 2006.