January 17, 2007

Another consular morning

The previous attempt must have taught me a lesson about forecasting the future but I assume this time it is more certain indeed. After a few days of significant anxiety the interview was almost disappointingly trivial (Where will you work? What do you do? Do you want a visa for two years?). I could not see why they arranged it so hastily. Just one more week lost totally in vain.

I understand this intrigue should have been a lesson in persistence but frankly I was quite stunned on Friday and still feel myself a little bit low. Right now I do not feel much excitement or depression, just drained. Hopefully getting my passport back and buying a ticket will pump some positive emotions but I fully expect it will take more to return to the usual level. A lesson or not, I am truly eager to be through ASAP.