February 5, 2007

San Francisco

After a weekend spent mostly in SF I believe this is one of the finest cities to live in. It is beautiful the way Paris is (more like 16th district than the center but anyway). It is located on spectacular shores of the SF Bay which results in all possible maritime consequences from museums with real ships (it turns out there is even a WWII carrier nearby, I used to think there was only USS Intrepid in NYC) to fish restaurants. The hills make you keep fit and provide stunning views. Downtown completes the picture of a modern diverse middle-sized city with an impressive skyline.

It looks like to be fat or unfit here in the SFBA is a feat. There are abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation and from what I have seen the majority here is into a healthy lifestyle. Those who do not jog ride bicycles. And the scenery is totally awesome. So if you asked me for a reason to be rich I would immediately answer - to be able to afford real estate on one of the hills overlooking the Bay.

My plans concerning buying a car are still up in the air but I urgently need a bicycle. The weather seems to be getting better (although a more experienced colleague suggested it was just a warmer period, not a real spring coming) and distances here were not intended for pedestrians.