August 27, 2007

A house of cards

Wonderful news from the tranches. An acquaintance has left the Bad Guys recently. His story is likely to be slightly different from the two cases we have seen so far - he worked for them for some time but he started his departure from getting a lawyer. He is a tough guy and will give them a ride for their money. His lawyer says in no uncertain terms that they cannot demand anything. Well, they sowed the wind and they are reaping the whirlwind. Run Forrest, run :)

A direct benefit for the community is that there is one more person to file a DoL report against the foe. One man might be an aberration but if a few of us do it one day I believe the government could pay some attention. The system might as well work both ways and the time is on our side.

I will be having a "court-ordered settlement conference" on Thu. It must be about an obligatory attempt to settle the case by a compromise. Frankly, I have no predictions yet. I would certainly love to squash them in court. On the other hand, people suggest I pay a couple of thousands and be done with it. Time will tell.